Integrate vRx Authentication With DUO SAML2
SAML integration creates a vRx App in your Duo Applications, allowing the users to authenticate via Duo SSO process and from there, login into vRx dashboard utilizing SSO.
Please note that the SAML provider wizards are subject to change without notice.
To configure DUO SSO, follow these steps:
- At your left navigation panel, navigate to Settings → Integrations:
- At the integration tab, select Explore Integrations → SSO → Create Integration:
- In the newly created SAML2 integration, edit the integration name and copy the following values, as we will use them later on in DUO configurations:
- Entity ID URL
- Single Sign-On Url
- In the Duo Admin portal, go to Applications
- Click on "Protect an Application"
- Select Generic SAML Service Provider - Protect
- Paste the following values from vRx into Duo
- vRx: Entity ID URL - Duo: Entity ID
- vRx: Single Sign-On URL - Duo: Assertion Consumer Service URL
- Download the Certificate
- Copy and Paste the metadata from Duo to vRx
- Duo: Entity Id - vRx: Entity Id Url
- Duo: Single Sign-On URL - vRx: Sign Sign On Url
- Duo: Single Log-Out URL - vRx: Single Log Out Url
- Open the downloaded certificate in a text editor and paste the contents into the x509 Certificate Field
- Name the Duo SSO
- Save the configuration
- Add the new application as a Tile
- the Duo Admin panel go to - Single Sign-On - Duo Central - Add Tile
- Check the newly added application
- Select "Add Tile"
Note that the usual dashboard URL will continue to operate for non-SSO users.
For SSO to work, user accounts must be fully created and set up within vRx, and a user with the same email must be added to the Duo Application.
Note: Accounts cannot be in Pending Status.
You may use the Login Url in vRx or the Duo Central tile to log in to vRx through Duo SSO