Use this guide to configure your syslog integraion
What Data Is Sent?
vRx can send any events under Logs -> Event Log to your syslog server. For more information, refer to vRx Event Log KB.
Prepare Your Syslog Server:
Before heading to your vRx Dashboard, prepare the following in your syslog server:
- Determine your syslog working method - TCP or UDP.
- Syslog public FQDN \ IP address & port, accessible from the internet.
- Recommended - If you are planning on using TLS messaging, export the syslog public certificate (x.509 format).
If you unsure how to acquire and configure those parameters, contact your syslog support.
- At your dashboard left panel, select Settings -> select the Integrations tab -> under Explore Integraions, filter by syslog and select Create Integration according to your syslog method.
- In your syslog configuration screen, configure the following:
- Integration name - the display name for the integration.
- Protocol - select your syslog messaging protocol.
- SSL - select yes if you plan to use TLS syslog messaging.
- Server Hostname - your syslog's server hostname.
- Server Port - your syslog listening port.
- URL/IP - your syslog server URL/IP.
https://<syslog.com> or http://<syslog.com>
https://203.0.113.10 or http://203.0.113.10
- Open you public certificate file in text editor and copy the public key, including the "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" & "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" lines. paste them into the public certificate text box.
- Select Send Test Event to try your syslog connection. A test message will be initiate from vRx servers to your syslog. If the message sent successfully, a green message box will pop at the bottom left.
- Select Setup Integration to save your syslog integration.